Wednesday, June 12, 2013

summer shoes for the baby carrier

Since my little M came in at 21 pounds at the 10-month check-up, once that boy is strapped into his Ergo there is very little bending over that can happen. So this summer, my goal is to find the most comfortable sandals that can be slipped on and can be considered cute (please note that I find granny shoes cute so please know that I use this term loosely). Here is what I found:



Worishofer sandals.. Yes, the ubiquous German comfort shoe. I've been wearing them for years and am hoping that the irony isn't lost now that I am a mom. (I just ordered this pair)


No. 6 Sandals.. I spent this winter in the boot version and managed to not trip on ice while pushing the stroller, but I admit that I wasn't brave enough to wear them with the carrier.. That said, plenty of Brooklyn mamas are sporting high clogs with their littles, so I know it can be done!

Bensimon's.. Europe's answer to Vans.. pretty comfy, easy to get on and off and comes in neutral and bright colors. These Old Navy cheapies are almost as cute and 1/4 of the price.

The Everlane Summer Sandal is a safe bet.. Comes in tan and black so you don't need to think about it clashing with your duds, has a flat sole  and although is not technically a 'slip-on' the strap fastener looks like you could do it one-handed.





Ancient Greek Sandals.. Comes in a ton of styles and colors (love the gold leather

Birkenstock Gizeh.. OK, so I went there.. but there is a reason you see so many ladies in the city wearing these.. they are damn comfortable! I just saw a woman wearing a chic black and white outfit with this bright pair. Neon green is not a color I am usually drawn to, but it looked fantastic and made me reconsider my next pair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment