Thursday, June 6, 2013

Books for the Boys


When we were visiting mom, I was rummaging through the guest room looking for a book to read to Munch before bed. My jaw literally dropped when I found my beloved copy of Englebert the Elephant. I immediately texted dad that the book had not been lost, as we had assumed, and he quickly replied, "to relieve her royal boredom, the Queen announced a ball," which is the first line of the story and might give some indication of how many times he had to read this to us. I was so excited to share the story with Charlie. As you might imagine, at six months, he was hardly the most captive audience; but we forged through it, and ever since I have been getting giddy imagining all the great books and movies we have to look forward to experiencing with our little guys. I recently ordered The Red Balloon, for fear that it might become a challenge to find, and even though television is (allegedly) so dreadful... I'm really excited for the day we can watch this flick together!

No comments:

Post a Comment